Sunday, December 19, 2010

Here, It's ALWAYS Easter

Shugo Chara! is one of the best animes I've ever watched, and it's also one of the best mangas I've ever read. I give it an 8/10 (It could score a 10, but you'll figure out why it doesn't later...), which is pretty good for my very constructive criticism! The characters are super cute, and it's so dramatic and a great mix of romance, fantasy, and comedy that it kept my eyes glued to my computer screen the whole time!
Now, I dislike "comedic romance" because I'm more of a passionate person and believe that love should be as such. (Plus, I'm more of a "dramatic/passionate romance" person.) But, I mean, come on! Ikuto and Amu are the cutest comedic/romantic couple ever! ^_^
Basically, this anime/manga is about a girl named Amu Hinamori who wishes to expose her true personality and gets three eggs that hatch into Guardian Characters. She then becomes part of her school's Guardian Council to rid the town of evil X Eggs and Characters that the Easter Co. is using to gain power. But what for? And is the mysterious Ikuto all that he seems? You'll just have to find out (;
Sadly, though, Amu is, putting it lightly, quite ignorant. She has no idea what's going on when Ikuto decides to go all "sexy bad-boy" on her and flirt with her! She's all like "Whaaat? What was that, you pervert!" the whole time; it's one of the only two things I don't like about Shugo Chara. (I mean, if it were me, I would have been all over him!)
The second thing I don't like is the extremely disappointing ending! SPOILER ALERT!!! 
Alright, well, here's the spoiler; you can't turn back now!! In the end, it's like Ikuto wimps out on Amu right after she finally decides to get over stupid (yet cute- I'll admit that much) "Prince/King" Tadase and flirt back for once! But, oh, no, he has to be all "When you're eighteen, I'll come back for you after I'm done ditching you to find my presumably dead father and play the violin with him."Yeah, yeah, it sounds kind of dreamy, but that sad thing is you never get to see any real romance until the very end, and the makers don't even add another manga or anime even based on/hinting/showing what happens in the end when he does come back (if he even comes back in the first place!)! Even Inuyasha accomplished that; why can't they?? :'(
But, all in all, this obviously made me wanting more, so the writers at least accomplished something... And so, I do recommend Shugo Chara! for most girls (especially if you like cute mangas/animes), though maybe not guys unless you're completely bored (which probably won't happen thanks to Black Ops) and/or you have no life... or maybe you just abnormally like cute things....

Just for kicks, here's some other cute pics from Shugo Chara:

All the main characters- how cute! ^_^

Ikuto's just sexy in this one (:

Nice move, Ikuto ;)

Aw! All the main characters and charas as dolls! ^w^

S.E.X.Y.

Ahaha, anyways, please leave all comments below! (:

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I love how you describe this manga! Even though I have already read it and I agree 110% on everything, it makes me want to read it again!! I hope you keep posting about good mangas.

    ReplyDelete